Saturday, August 30, 2008

Baby's First Photo Album

My mother used to make adorable baby photo albums for every new baby born in the family or within her group of friends. She made them out of plastic canvas. The animals came from a plastic canvas instruction book that helped you make picture frames:

She adapted the instructions to make baby photo albums and mobiles and made whole baby sets out of plastic canvas! Within the last few years there have been 3 babies that have arrived, so I decided to carry on the tradition and make some for my friends and family who were having babies.


We put the baby's name on the binding - or if we don't know what type of baby it will be or if there will be more than one we will just put a last name.
The last one I made I decided to be extra creative and make my own pattern.


I had made a Winnie the Pooh cross stitch picture for my nephew for his birth and a latch hook rug for his first birth day (pictures coming soon!). Now he can that he can communicate a wish list I buy what he asks for instead. So for his new baby sibling (who is a girl) who can't tell us what she wants, I decided to make a pooh photo album! It was a challenge, but I think it came out great! My children will be drowning in home made items!



No comments: