Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Peaches


After spending 4 years at college and getting a full time job after graduation, I hadn't created much for artwork in a while. I made my mother the Tigerlily painting and had sown a few outfits, but hadn't done too much else.

My friend B from work invited me to a drawing class she and a few friends were taking and it just breathed new life into my artistic side, so I had to find something to paint.

Peaches are always an interesting subject - especially the pits. I had made a water color of peaches that now hangs in my mother's dining room (it can be seen in pictures from my high school art show). I'm not too fond of water colors anymore since it's quite time consuming and I'm a bit rusty in my technique, so I continued with acrylic painting.
Since I just painted this for the fun of it, it still has no home and just sits in my attic.

No comments: