Saturday, August 30, 2008

If you Can't Buy it, Make It!


My mother saw a painting of a huge tigerlily in an art gallery in SoHo, but certainly could not afford to buy a painting for sale in SoHo! Knowing me, she described the painting and asked if it was something I could make - no sweat!

Granted this was the first painting I made since high school, so I was about four years out of practice, but I think it is one of the best paintings I've even made.

I picked a large painting out of the trash heap at her apartment building and painted it a cream color to give it a new purpose. I found a base color orange that matched the paint sample she gave me for her room's tangerine wall color and worked from there. Jason even made the frame to go around it since framing is so expensive. I'm so proud ofthis piece!

No comments: