Saturday, August 23, 2008

Asian Spa


My mother appears to be a fan of my art. My paintings and crafts grace almost every room of her apartment. This spring, she found a painting in a catalog that she loved, but it didn't quite match her tangerine colored /Asian inspired bedroom. She showed me the picture and asked if I could make a similar picture that would blend into her room's theme and would have more sentimental value since I made it for her. How could I refuse?! I look for excuses to make art!

I also found a wonderful Asian inspired frame at the store to frame it and present it as a gift for Mother's Day.

I went home visit and the location she chose for it is underneath a lamp. It's meant to be in that spot because when she turns on that lamp, the woman in the painting glows!

No comments: