Saturday, August 23, 2008

Aprons


I enjoy cooking - especially baking. Whenever I bake, however, there is always a mess of sugar or flour on my clothes. This inspired me to make myself an apron!

I had this great Hawaiian print material from the dollar rack and was just looking for an excuse to use it. I found a cute retro pattern online and bought the complimenting material and trim to make the apron.



When I showed off the apron, the number one comment was the location (or lack there of) of apron pockets. I forgot pockets! I don't need pockets in the kitchen, but I decided to try once again - with pockets this time - for a friend's shower. She's a lot taller than I am, so I tried to accommodate that. While it doesn't fit me quite right I hope it fits her!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great aprons. I have about 20 patterns and I haven't made one yet! This post is just what I need to get me going (again).
Elaine