Monday, January 5, 2009

Mouse Tray

My husband enjoys his free time playing video games on his computer from the couch. He usually rests a notebook on the arm of the couch to use as a mouse pad. For Christmas, I made my husband a mouse tray out of wood to replace the ratty old notebook.

The tray has an area for a mousepad, a groove to fit a pen and a flat area to take notes for his game and rest his microphone.

I made a cutout in the wood the exact shape of the mousepad so that the mousepad would not move. I staind the wood the same color as the side table next to him as well. I also upholstered the bottom of the tray in order to make it sit level on the arm of the couch.

It was my first project with wood, so I had lots of instruction from my father-in-law. Without him, it wouldn't be a success because my husband loved it!

No comments: