Thursday, January 1, 2009

Cirque du Soliel Dress

I know the picture isn't all that clear, but I'll try to describe as best I can. When I was in college, my mother and I loved watching Cirque du Soliel. When they started touring she jumped on the chance to get us tickets and gave them to me for my birthday. I'd heard that in NY the events were a little more fancy than just going in jeans so I thought I'd make myself a dress out of some awesome material I found.


The dress is about knee length and has a very flowy skirt. It comes up to a waist band of material. From the top of the waist band, I attached two 3-foot long, 8-inch wide pieces of material to cover my chest. It can be worn two ways - just tied around my neck as seen in these pictures or criscrossed around the front and then tied around my neck. The ends that hang from my neck look kind of like a matching scarf.


Actually, I've recently seen a similar take on this dress in Frederick's of Hollywood, but I had the idea first - 5 years earlier! I'm such a trendsetter! Since Cirque du Soliel, I've worn the dress on several other occasions - like my honeymoon.

No comments: