Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tea Cozies

For Christmas I got an "Alice in Winterland" tea set. It has Alice, the Mad Hatter, and the White Rabbit skating on the set. On top of the tea pots the Cheshire Cat is sitting in a snow man with only it's head showing.

The set has two tea pots in it - an 8 cup and a 3 cup. It's perfect in case I just want a small pot of tea for the night or one to last me all Satruday afternoon. Now that winter is over, I was worried I really couldn't use the wintery set since it wasn't quite seasonally appropriate.


The 3 Cup Teapot

I had some left over material from my table runners and decided to make a couple of tea cozies to hide the wintery pattern so I can use them all year long! The material matches my plate set (red, black and white asian style) so it was perfect to set out in the kitchen.



The 8 Cup Teapot


I filled the cozy with layers of cotton batting and made a hole for the spout. Using a couple of darts, I made it to custom fit each teapot. Keeping the back completely open around the handle, I made it so it would tie on and off so I could easily wash the cozies. I'm really happy with how they came out!


No comments: