Thursday, May 5, 2011

Baby Phoenix

My best friend from college recently had a baby. I couldn't possibly be a good aunt if I didn't make something to celebrate her birth.

My grandmother used to make baby rattle blocks out of plastic canvas for her great grandchildren. Now that I have all her supplies I thought I'd do the same for baby Phoenix!


I made 4 blocks and filled each with a different sound - jingle bells, popcorn kernels, plastic beads, and pennies. Next, I made a customized box to hold all the blocks and embroidered her name on the cover. My friend sent me pictures of the baby's room so I could make it to match, hence the pink and brown color scheme.

I'm really happy with how it came out and every time I pick up the box, I can't help but shake it a little to hear all those sounds!

No comments: