Friday, August 28, 2009

Front Porch

Now that my mommy has finally seen my porch in person I can post it online! When I first bought my house the front porch was not well kept. It was dirty, had cheap plastic furniture in it and wasn't the best first impression to give on a house. I thought that it was such a nice feature for a house that it deserved a total make over.


First I made the customized curtains for the porch. Using the same material I covered some foam cushions with the same material. They snap off the foam for easy cleaning. I also put in the custom made pillows from my first post. In addition to all the sewing projects I made custom fit storage benches out of wood to wrap around the porch. The covers of the benches are on hinges that lift up so that things can be stored within them. A jute rug and some sailing accessories finished off the New England style porch makeover!

Aunt Marie also gave me one of the plastic canvas tissue boxes that my Grandmother made that matches the style of my porch as well - so it's not all my own custom work, it's my grandmother's too!