Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Trivets

I had gotten a new dish set that is white with red and black outlined Asian styled berries which alternates with red plates. I got red and black glasses to match. In the set there are two large platters that do not fit in my cabinets. I thought that a nice way to display them would be on some shelves that I put up in the kitchen.
When I put them up there they were very white in the middle and looked kind of bare. As I was eating breakfast in the kitchen one morning I thought something bold should go in front of it, but I couldn't think of what. Then the perfect solution occured to me - trivets! I picked up some 6x6 ceramic tiles and painted them with red, black and white ceramic paint to match the set. I'm so happy with the way they came out!

No comments: