Thursday, November 4, 2010

Paisley Painting

In my new house, thee bathroom is designed with tan and teal tiles with a teal sink and bathtub. It's really difficult to find accessories and ensembles to match! Instead of matching, I decided to find a neutral accent color. Since it was already tan in the bathroom, my original thought of bamboo would have blended right in and looked very plain. I found a fantastic set from Bed Bath and Beyond that was black and had little rhinestone crystals in it. Just the neutral with a pop of color I was looking for!


The walls were also very bare. So - knowing me and how I do art - I made a painting to fit the space! I used the black, teal and tan colors that were already incorporated into the bathroom. I also added little rhinestone crystals to the painting to incorporate that element, too and tie everything together!


Since I didn't really have a theme like pinup girls, shoes or the seashore like past bathrooms, I wanted to make sure the painting didn't really have a subject. Instead, I utilized a really ornate paisley design that brought out all the colors and sparkle that the bathroom already had. I am so happy with the way it turned out! I think this may even rival my mother's tigerlily as my favorite painting now!!






No comments: