Sunday, May 9, 2010

Alice Apron

I was introduced to a fantastic website called spoonflower. While searching the fabric on the website I found some great material that has a border of of the mad tea party from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland in black and white with the words of the chapter of the tea party in the background. As the material continues up from the border, the material becomes more of a deepersky blue. When I saw this material I immediately thought of using it for an apron!
To compliment the material I thought I would make the top part blue and black striped. I added black lace to the bottom of the apron for a little whimy and a black pocket to the apron. I painted a blue teacup onto the apron to complete the theme. I am soooooo happy with the way it turned out!!

1 comment:

Phantomjest said...

This looks great! I love that fabric.