Sunday, May 31, 2009

Making a Tote is not Rocket Science

I brew my own sweet tea at home and have plastic bottles that I pour it in to bring with me to work each day, however there is not enough room in my lunch box for my food and my bottles of tea.

I found this really great Rocket Science material online and a pattern for a tote bag and decided to make a tote for my bottles of tea. There were coordinating materials in the line, so I bought two -one with blue and white spacey words like Rocket Scientist and Space Cadet and the other with blue and black rocket ships. For the lining of the tote I bought a navy blue plastic table cloth so if my drinks spill or sweat, the tote will be safe. I got navy webbing for the handles and a navy star button to add a little spacey flare to the outside pocket.

This was also my first attempt at making bias tape and I was really pleased with the result. It was a really great pattern!

1 comment:

Honeybee said...

This came out excellent Sweetie. You will g et alot of use out of it. ENJOY