Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Edible Birthday Bouquet


My husband and I always have trouble finding gifts for his parents. This past weekend we had his mother over for her birthday. Since it was a little last minute and they are on a no carb diet, a cake seemed a little inappropriate. I saw the adds for edible creations and looked into them - a little overpriced for what they are!


I bought some flower shaped cookie cutters, a melon baller and a crinkle cutter and shaped my own fruit to make her an edible bouquet. I know she likes blueberries, but I wasn't sure on her preference of the other fruit so I got all different types - strawberries, pineapples, grapes, cantaloupe, honeydew, and apples. I got the flower pot at Michael's on sale and it looked really cute!


It seems that the apples, strawberries and blueberries went first, so next time I may have to try a "berry bouquet" and perhaps dip some of the berries in chocolate. Mmmmmm.


4 comments:

Miss L's Craft Room said...

What a great idea! I think it looks better than the store bought ones. I'll have to remember this the next time I need to bring something to a party.
Elaine

Honeybee said...

WOW!! That looks YUMMY and too nice to EAT!!!

Celia Houck said...

Wow! So creative!

Bailey said...

Interesting!! Love those fresh and healthy birthday bouquet!! It is wonderful gift!!