Monday, November 10, 2008

Halloween 2006 / 2007 / 2008

Yes, I know for someone who loves costumes I fell behind... In 2006 I was sent on travel for work so I missed Halloween... In 2007 I just answered the door since I just moved into a new house a month before and got married 6 months before that (I was busy)! So I finally got to wear it this year.

I'm so proud of this costume though! It was my first lined jacket. I used a Simplicity pattern since I didn't know how to make a jacket yet. I added the silver trim and buttons by hand though. I found the hat online and already had the pants (I'm a dork). I used bra hook closures to close the top of the jacket.

In the NYC Halloween parade I got asked if I was Paul Revere - so I must have done something right!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Checked out your blog and I have to say you are very talented!!! The costumes, crafts, and paintings are amazing!!

Joe