Thursday, December 22, 2011

Baby Gift for my Cousin

My Cousin had her first baby - a girl - this past fall. In anticipation for the baby, my mother and I coordinated homemade gifts to welcome our newest family member.


When going through my mother's plastic canvas books I found an adorable baby item to make and play with. I altered the pattern a little to utilize pastels since she is a girl. I also put their last name on the lid of the box to ensure it is something that can be passed on to more than one child.


Each of the shapes that fit through the hole are filled with a different noise maker - penies, corn kernals, jingle bells, an plastic beads so it enhances playtime with color, shapes, letters, numbers, sound and puzzle solving skillls. In addition to her little blocks and container, I made a few additional blocks for the baby to play with to fill the rest of the box.


It was a time consuming project and I'm not sure I'll have the time to make another one of these again (unless it is slightly modified), but I'm really pleased with how it turned out!





No comments: